[mapserver-users] Version 3.6.1 available...
steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jun 26 16:54:57 EDT 2002
Just a short note to let you know that version 3.6.1 has been released
and is ready for download at the MapServer website. Here's a summary of
the larger issues that have been fixed (from HISTORY.TXT):
- Fixed a performance problem in msImageFilledPolygon() (bug 162)
3.6.0 was up to 50% slower than 3.5 rendering polygons, and now
3.6.1 is up to 10-20% faster than 3.5.
- Removed obsolete PHP3 stuff in README files and configure scripts.
- Fixed color problem with crosshair in reference map.
- Fixed an issue with "LOCATION TINY" being output in legend label
- Postgis bug 165: fix dont_force() to allow for POINT shapes
- Make sure inline symbols (symbols defined in the mapfile) are saved
when msSaveMap() is called. They used to be lost.
The biggie is obviously the performance boost. I've installed here and
the difference is noticeable. There probably will be at least one more
maintenance release before 3.7 (which will be *really* cool), so keep
reading the mailing list.
Data & Applications Manager
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
More information about the mapserver-users