[mapserver-users] Java Mapscript and Tomcat

Andreas Hirner andreas_hirner at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 27 08:33:36 EDT 2002

Hello,

recently I have started developing servlets using Java Mapscript. I use
Linux as OS and Tomcat as servlet engine. But the development process is
severely hampered by the fact that I have to restart Tomcat every time after
making changes to the servlet. If I only reload the application using the
manager tool, the native Mapscript library is loaded a second time and
causes an error.

I tried to write a class , which loads the library and put it in the
common/lib directory in order avoid multiple loading of the library, but
this does not work.

Does anyone have some hints?

Thanks in advance
Andreas