[mapserver-users] Mapscript/Java/Servlet users: give this a whirl...

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jun 27 10:43:06 EDT 2002

C F wrote:

> Unless I can play around with thread management in JBoss, I'm about ready to
> give up too.  What other options are there?  I gave up on PHP Mapscript
> because of some of the limitations there... now I've spent a week on Java.
> What else is there?

CF,

Could you please be more specific on the PHP MapScript limitations that
you are referring to?  If they are never filed as bugs, then these
limitations will likely never be addressed.

BTW, are we really talking about limitations in features of the
software, or about bugs or issues compiling on unusual configurations
like the Cygwin+Postgis build problems that you had earlier?

> Maybe I should writing the group and asking about Perl
> issues/limitations before trying that...

Except for a few little exceptions, PHP MapScript should be as complete
(and sometimes offers more) as the Perl, Tcl, Python, and other flavours
of MapScript so if you ran into limitations with the PHP version then
you are likely to encounter the same with the other flavours of
MapScript.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca