[mapserver-users] Java Mapscript and Tomcat

C F gis_consultant at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 27 11:49:45 EDT 2002

Hi Andreas,
Have you been reading my thread today and yesterday about Mapscript and
Java?  It doesn't answer your specific question here, but it might save you
some of the effort until that issure of Tomcat crashing gets resolved...
unless you have ideas on how to fix it.  Because, in my mind, it basically
rules out Java Mapscript as an option for production usage if it's so easy
to crash the servlet engine.  Hopefully somebody out there has the answer
and just hasn't chimed in yet :)
Anyway, about your question... I haven't tried to do what you're doing.
I've had so many issues with this stuff that, just to make sure I rule out
other factors, I've restarted Tomcat every time I made changes.