[mapserver-users] EXTENT

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Fri Jun 28 12:25:04 EDT 2002

Subrahmanyam -

I have set up a very simple sample that demonstrates what you're trying to do.  If you take a look at this URL:

http://www.geozone.com/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?mode=map <http://www.geozone.com/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?mode=map&map=\MapServer\Subrahmanyam\utm-wgs84.map> &map=\MapServer\Subrahmanyam\utm-wgs84.map

you will see the quad you're working on (O33085H5.TIF) displayed at 400x500 pixels reprojected into lat/lon WGS84 as you desire.

The source raster data is just the standard USGS NAD27 GeoTIFF file.  The complete MAP file referenced in the URL is:

SIZE 400 500
EXTENT -85.625000 33.875000 -85.500000 34.000000

PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4326"
END

LAYER
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS DEFAULT
  DATA O33085H5.TIF
  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:26716"
  END
END

END

Let me (and the list) know if you have more questions after you take a look.

    - Ed
Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.