[mapserver-users] MapServer DBF Filename corruption ????

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca
Wed Mar 6 09:50:35 EST 2002

Hello,

I have a few mapfiles that are giving a headache, and here's the error
message I get :

msOpenSHPFile(): Unable to access file. (X-/@X-/@.dbf)

Problem is, as you might guess, I have no such file name used in the
mapfile!

Here are the DATA entries of the mapfile:

  DATA ocean
  DATA te1867_p
  DATA hdr15_p
  DATA hdr15_a
  DATA hdr60_p
  DATA hdr60_a
  DATA te1867_p
  DATA te1867_t

Funny thing is I have a bunch of MapFiles that give me that exact same
error! They all cover the same topic and probably have shapefiles in common.

So I guess this problem comes from corrupt shpefiles or something, but I'm
not understanding why this would happen ... If someone (Steve, Daniel) could
explain to me how MapServer comes to this point, maybe I'd have a better
chance of figuring out what the problem is ...

Help?

Thanks a bunch !

Jean-François Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Canadian Center for Remote Sensing
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca