[mapserver-users] compile php4 on debian with dbase (--with-dbase -> ignored)

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Sun Mar 10 11:15:37 EST 2002

Christoph Kuhn wrote:

> I'm trying to compile php4 with dbase on debian (testing). I found
> the PHP4-4.0.6 Debian-Sources and changed the debian/rules file
> inserting the --with-dbase option.
>
> It compiled without an only message about dbase. If I call
> phpinfo.php, it says that php is compiled '--with-dbase' but there
> is no dbase-support at all.
>
> ./configure --help -> nothing about dbase!!!

Chris,

I don't know if the Debian-Sources have anything special, but in the
official source distribution of PHP4.0.6, the configure option for the
dbase module is --enable-dbase and it does show up in the output of
./configure --help.

Note that with PHP3, the option used to be --with-dbase ... and I have
no clue why it has changed.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca