[mapserver-users] MapInfo Truetype fonts

Richard Greenwood rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Wed May 29 08:20:53 EDT 2002

>Has anyone else tried to use MapInfos TrueType fonts??? I'm not having any
>problems with any of the other fonts that I'm using, but I can't seem to
>get the MapInfo fonts to work...

They won't work. It has something to do with Freetype and I can't remember
exactly what, but it goes something like truetype fonts can be either
'standard' or 'symbol'. Freetype only supports 'standard', but all of the
MapInfo fonts are 'symbol'. The ESRI fonts will work.

Rich