[mapserver-users] WMS Server - Problem Returning v1.1.0 Capabilities

Andrew Hallam ahallam at digitalearth.com.au
Tue Sep 10 21:54:33 EDT 2002

Hi List,

I have MapServer 3.6.1 installed on a Win2k box (ms36png_gdal_pg_wms.zip).
My map file is set up for WMS serving and it returns map images as desired.
However, I cannot get it to return the capabilities file in anything but
WMS 1.0.0 format.

How do I get it to return a WMS 1.1.0 compliant capabilities document? What
am I missing?

<http://maps.digitalearth.com.au/mapserv/mapserv.exe?map=map/woll.map&reque
st=GetCapabilities> returns WMS 1.0.0 capabilities.

<http://maps.digitalearth.com.au/mapserv/mapserv.exe?map=map/woll.map&versi
on=1.1.0&request=GetCapabilities> also returns WMS 1.0.0 capabilities.

I also tried the nightly 3.7 Windows build and got the same results. TIA.

Regards
Andrew Hallam

Digital Earth Pty Ltd
http://www.digitalearth.com.au