[mapserver-users] TIP: Dynamic Legend (I did it!)

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Wed Sep 11 16:46:30 EDT 2002

OK... I figured out how to do this... and put the code in the Wiki at the
following location:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PHPDynLegend

(There is a link under the Examples section of PHP MapScript)

Basically what it does is reads a mapfile, and creates a legend / layer
control on the fly. Furthermore, it sets up the controls so that state is
maintained with only a couple of lines of code... and any changes to the
mapfile (i.e. additional layers, changes to layers) are automatically
reflected in the application (i.e. there's no need to make changes to the
PHP part of the application).

Hope this is useful to someone!

Chip Hankley