[mapserver-users] Back to basics...

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Sep 11 19:13:23 EDT 2002

Tony,

search the list archives for "Dynamic point labeling" (sic) which
should turn up some previous discussion on just this topic. It
includes an example in Perl, but it should be easy to translate the
concept into PHP if you prefer.

So to get started, you should take the mapserver demo, or check out
maplab (search the archives) to build a base map with the country
outlines and whatever else you want, the query the database to get
you points based on where or not their lat/long falls between the
extents of the map and draw them on the map using the above article I
mentioned.

Hope this helps,
  -Steve