[mapserver-users] FW: Get demo started on Windows 2000.

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Wed Sep 11 15:02:58 EDT 2002

John...

If nothing is being written to tmp, then you need to check several things.

1) the default dir for scripts in IIS is /scripts not /cgi-bin. Did you
create a virtual directory called /cgi-bin? Is that where the mapserv.exe
file is? Did you give the default web user IUSR_<machine name> execute
permission for that directory both through the IIS manager AND windows?

2) Does IUSR have write access to /tmp? Again, this needs to be done BOTH in
the IIS manager and in windows.

You can easily check you things are going simply by typing in the path to
your mapfile from a URL:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?c:\path-to-your-mapfile.map

Chip