[mapserver-users] template file links with a "?" in it

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Sat Sep 14 13:00:49 EDT 2002

The ? isn't the problem. That functionality is amongst the oldest in
MapServer and I use it all the time. It's
got to be something else. What does the full layer definition look
like? Template checks for URLs just look
at the protocol and nothing more.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Nicole Bömeke <bon at ivv-aachen.de> 09/12/02 10:28AM >>>
I want to link different points in my map with different html files.

It works fine if I give each html file a name that contains the point
ID
and use the following template file link for the point query:

TEMPLATE "http://[host]/mapserv3.6_rrp_appl_NRW/[ID].html"

 :-)

But what I really want to do is linking an active server pages file
with
each point.
The asp file gets the point ID and creates the specific html file for
the
point
by requesting information from an SQL database. I replaced the template
file
link above
by the following link but got the error message "Malformed template
name".

TEMPLATE "http://[host]/Sehenswuerdigkeiten.asp?dbspalte=[ID]"

 :-(

It seams as if it is not possible to have template file links with a
"?" in
it.
Is there another way to tell the asp file the ID of the selected
point?

Thanks Nicole

Nicole Bömeke
bon at ivv-aachen.de