[mapserver-users] professional MapServer services list? / ArcIMS-MapServer choice

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Wed Sep 18 03:23:39 EDT 2002

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 03:50:07PM -0700, John Zastrow wrote:
> I'm a similar boat, except that it's my own group that I'd be 'selling'
> Mapserver to. It's my impression that for small to moderate sized projects,
> mapserver does just fine. But moderate to semi-large projects (size being user
> load and data load) one needs to use a commercial map server (ArcIMS on
> Oracle).

actually, MapServer is a Free Software commercial map server. ArcIMS is a
proprietary commercial map server. I stress this because there
are companies around the globe that provide first class service for
MapServer. You can make contracts for setting up a MapServer
application, maintainance etc.

Best

	Jan

--