[mapserver-users] Projection Help (Please)

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Wed Sep 18 09:48:54 EDT 2002

Frank -

> I would suggest changing the datum/ellpse values to whatever
> you have for your main layer, and see if that works.

The mapfiles projection is NAD83/GRS80, which is the proj of the main layer
(a tileindex of orthophotos). I tried swapping these values for the layer in
question (NAD27 -> NAD83) but this doesn't seem to have any effect.

> Also, if you could provide extents for the two images it would
> be possible to see whether proj standalone sees them as being
> close to one another.

I'm not sure what you mean. If I zoom out, I never even see the other
layer... so I have no way of telling what MapServer thinks the extent of the
projected layer is. Am I missing something?

TIA!

Chip