[mapserver-users] OGR error

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Wed Sep 18 12:12:25 EDT 2002

Were you able to view information about the file using the "ogrinfo" tool?
Are you trying to display level 13?  If so, keep in mind that layer # and
level # are not synonymous!
The different Levels in ogr usually represent feature types (i.e. points,
lines, labels, polygons, etc).  In the case of DGN files I find that my
files only have 1 "layer" called elements.
So I would specify
..../teste.dgn, 0
Keep also in mind that the layer number in mapserver (i.e. 0) is one less
(-1) than the ogr layer number (i.e. 1) - that is why I use 0 instead of 1
to get the elements layer.
You would then have to use filter or class expressions to see specific
LEVELS in the file.   Does that make sense to you?  Unless there is a bug
in OGR, you should NOT have to separate levels into different files.  You
just need to use a different piece of mapserver functionality to filter out
the other levels (or colours, types, graphicgroup #, weight, style, etc).

Let us know if you need more help on this.  Feel free to email me a sample
DGN file and I'll tell you what I see in it.

|---------+--------------------------------------->
|         |           "gabriel"                   |
|         |           <gabriel at ciasc.gov.br>      |
|         |           Sent by:                    |
|         |           owner-mapserver-users at lists.|
|         |           gis.umn.edu                 |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |           09/18/2002 10:59 AM         |
|         |                                       |
|---------+--------------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       <mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>                                                                                              |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                        |
  |       Fax to:                                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [mapserver-users] OGR error                                                                                                      |

Dear Listers.

I'd like to use DGN files, but MapServer give me this message when I use
layer_name diferent from "0":

msOGRFileOpen(): OGR error. GetLayer(13) failed for OGR connection
`/home/mapserver/data/dgn/teste.dgn, 13'.

I must separate the levels in different archives?

Gabriel
Florianópolis - SC - Brasil