[mapserver-users] .png or .jpg as reference object image?

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Sep 23 14:01:18 EDT 2002

Reference maps have nothing to do with GDAL, but rather the version of
GD you're using. Best to stick with GIF or PNG. I too have seen strange
things with PNG output (anyone else) and am checking further...

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Stefan Stern <mail2stern at gmx.net> 09/23/02 12:33PM >>>
Hi all,

Quote of reference object @ mapfile documentation :

IMAGE [filename]

    Full filename of the base reference image. Must be a GIF image.

I'm using the new GDAL (without .gif support). Is ist impossible to use

a reference images other than .gif?

I tried .png: The [ref] image shows up, but without a highlighted
area.

Regards,
Stefan