[mapserver-users] Maplet on windows 2000 server

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Tue Sep 24 13:00:46 EDT 2002

Did the application work before you started trying mapplet?

|---------+--------------------------------------->
|         |           Giri Palanisamy             |
|         |           <palanisamyg at ornl.gov>      |
|         |           Sent by:                    |
|         |           owner-mapserver-users at lists.|
|         |           gis.umn.edu                 |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |           09/24/2002 08:38 AM         |
|         |                                       |
|---------+--------------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu                                                                                                |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                        |
  |       Fax to:                                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [mapserver-users] Maplet on windows 2000 server                                                                                  |

  I am trying to run the maplet applet demo on Windows 2000 server. I have
placed all the maplet files under
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\java\mapplet

when I tried to run the demo, I am getting black box instead of the image
(the image is not loading). I checked the tmp file permission, it is
read/write (my mapserver itasca demo is working good). When I run the demo,

it is creating all the gif files under C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tmp but it is not

displaying the image in the browser.

After installation, I have followed maplet howto
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/mapplet-howto.html) documentation. I
changed the demo.html file as follows:

       <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

         function mapplet_apply(name, minx, miny, maxx, maxy, redraw) {
           document.mapserv.imgbox.value = minx + " " + miny + " " + maxx +

" " + maxy;
           document.mapserv.imgxy.value = minx + " " + miny;
         }

         function mapplet_error(message) {
           alert(message);
         }

       </SCRIPT>

</head>

and included the form name "mapserv"

<form name="mapserv" method=GET action="[program]">

and added the applet code

  <applet codebase="C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\java\mapplet" code="mapplet.class"
code="mapplet.class" width="600" >
                         <param name="image" value="http://localhost[img]">
//this one
returns http://localhost/tmp/DEMO10328809432292.gif
                         <param name="jitter" value="10">
                         <param name="thickness" value="2">

  </applet>

and finally added two hidden files

<input type="hidden" name="imgxy" value="299.5 299.5">
<input type="hidden" name="imgbox" value="-1 -1 -1 -1">

Can anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks

Giri