[mapserver-users] python mapscript

Sung-Gheel Jang sjang3 at uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 24 20:54:34 EDT 2002

Hello,

I am starting to learn the python mapscript. According to the MapServerWiki
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PythonMapScript), I have compiled
python mapscript. Of course, there were some effors to work around the setup.py
in my SuSE 8.0 linux box. After that, in the python prompt, I tried to import
mapscript, but I got the following error messages:

Python 2.2 (#1, May 14 2002, 18:23:13)
[GCC 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE)] on linux2
>>> import mapscript
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/mapscript/__init__.py", line 1, in ?
    from MapScript import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/mapscript/MapScript.py", line 4, in ?
    import _MapScript
ImportError: No module named _MapScript

I can't find out _MapScript module. Any advice or help? Thanks,

Sung-Gheel

--
Sung-Gheel Jang
Department of Urban & Regional Planning