[mapserver-users] What does this error message mean?

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Sep 25 12:33:41 EDT 2002

Thanks Steve,

I'm on 3.6.2, and what I had set up was

SHAPEPATH = /raid1/nima/vmap0
TILEINDEX = /raid1/nima/vmap0/placenames/placenames-tile

Tileindex entries were like  ./row/aa   where the file was located at
/raid1/nima/vmap0/placenames/row/aa

I changed it to:

SHAPEPATH = /raid1/nima/vmap0
TILEINDEX = placenames-tile

Tileindex entries were like  ./placenames/row/aa   where the file was
located at /raid1/nima/vmap0/placenames/row/aa and I moved the
tileindex up to the /raid1/nima/vmap0 dir.

The second seems to be working, but not the first. Oh what this does
is add nearly 10 million named places to the my vmap0 browser :) at

http://iMapTools.com/geocode.php

-Steve