[mapserver-users] POSTGIS parse error

Thomas Haechler thaechl at geo.unizh.ch
Mon Sep 30 04:07:08 EDT 2002

Hi Alex

I recently had exactly the same problem. Did you perhaps restart your
database server and forgot to allow TCP/IP connections, i.e. forgot to
use the -i option when starting postmaster?

You can find the posting here:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/wilma/mapserver-users/0208/msg00091.html

Read also Tyler's note on this:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/wilma/mapserver-users/0208/msg00093.html

Btw, I have made very good experiences with the new version of
mappostgis.c from the 3.7 version, where you get much more detailed
error messages. See:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/wilma/mapserver-users/0209/msg00300.html

Hope this helps you,

Thomy