[Mapserver-users] GD2 on Win32

C F gis_consultant at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 1 10:55:25 EST 2003

I'd like to second this.  I can't tell you the pain I've gone through over
the last 10 months or so in trying to get Mapserver compiled with MapScript
and PostGIS support on Windows.... unsuccessfully I might add.  I appreciate
the efforts made by Pericles and DM Solutions to put win32 binaries on the
web, but they can't possibly keep up to date binaries of every possible
combinations.
Which brings me to my next point.  Why can't MapServer just have post-
compile-time pluggable modules (like PHP has extensions for PostgreSQL,
MapScript, etc).  I'm guessing it's more more work than it sounds, otherwise
it probably would've been done... but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Anyway, in case you don't already know about this page, this might help you
out.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/
I thought I hit the jackpot when I found it, but still haven't been able to
everything going... hopefully you'll have more success.