[Mapserver-users] JPEG input

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Wed Apr 2 08:22:22 EST 2003

Jan -

Please forgive my incomplete recollection, but I ran into this same problem a long time ago.  It appears that the JPEG library inside GDAL is built slightly differently than the default jpeg-6b library (although it's the same version), and the two are not compatible.  I suspected it was a structure packing/alignment issue (i.e. the files are the same but they're compiled differently).  I decided not to look into it and simply use the JPEG support from GDAL and remove the jpeg-6b library from my build.  That fixed the problem.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.