[Mapserver-users] proj problem

Gintaras Zemaitis gnt.z at gmx.net
Wed Apr 2 09:25:10 EST 2003

hello all

proj.exe works fine from command line:
  C:\>proj -v +init=epsg:26915
produces
#Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM)
#       Cyl, Sph
#       zone= south
# +init=epsg:26915 +proj=utm +zone=15 +ellps=GRS80 +datum=NAD83 +units=m
# +no_defs +towgs84=0,0,0
#--- following specified but NOT used
# +ellps=GRS80

but mapserver return error
msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. no system list, errno: 2

when I rewrite PROJECTION object in itasca demo.map:
..
projection
"init=epsg:26915"
end
..
Mapserver works fine if I rewrite in map file:
..
projection
   "proj=utm"
   "ellps=GRS80"
   "zone=15"
   "north"
   "no_defs"
end
..
I set up system variables path=d:\proj\bin and PROJ_LIB=d:\proj\nad
I have extracted archive proj446_win32_bin.zip from remotesensing.org to d:\proj.
I cannot understand what is wrong. Where should be placed proj.dll?
Why proj works from command line anywhere in discs space but mapserver do not?

WinNT
Mapserv 3.6.3
Xitami web server

Gintaras