[Mapserver-users] JPEG input

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Apr 3 11:23:38 EST 2003

The reason It is happening (at least in my case) is the fact that GDAL was
build with an internal jpeg library that is diffrent with the one used in
mapserver and gd.
Making sure that you use the same library should solve the problem.

 For windows users building GDAL, I have added some flags in the nmake.opt
to be able to specify external jpeg and png libraries. Flags are :

 #if using an external jpeg library uncomment the follwing lines
JPEG_EXTERNAL_LIB = 1
JPEGDIR = c:/projects/jpeg-6b
JPEG_LIB = $(JPEGDIR)/libjpeg.lib

#if using an external png library uncomment the follwing lines
PNG_EXTERNAL_LIB = 1
PNGDIR = c:/projects/libpng-1.0.8
PNG_LIB = $(PNGDIR)/libpng.lib

 Note also that in the jpeg directory, I have created a libjpeg folder
where all the jpeg files were moved. So make sure to grab that directory
when you do an update (and also make sure that you do not have any headers
and source files (*.c *.h) in the jpeg directory. They have been removed
from CVS but may still reside locally on your machines.)

Later,

Jan Hartmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to display a jpeg input image and get the following error
> message:
>
> JPEG parameter struct mismatch: library thinks size is 432, caller
> expects 464
>
> Platform: Win2000, VC++
> Mapserver: CVS, compiled with and without JPEG input support (jpeg-6b)
> GD: 2.0.11, compiled with jpeg-6b
> GDAL: 1.1.8
>
> I diffed the jpeg files under GDAL with the jpeg-6b distribution and
> found no differences. Yet there seems to be a version mismatch
> somewhere. Outputting JPEG is no problem. Has anyone any ideas?
>
> Jan

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca