[Mapserver-users] dynamic point generation with php-mapscript

Dan Barron dbarron at ddive.com
Thu Apr 3 11:45:16 EST 2003

--=====================_3691234==.ALT

You can create a dummy point layer in your map file, then in php query the
database for your points, create new point objects using ms_newPointObj(),
set the XY coordinates, and draw the point on the layer.  If you want some
specific code examples, I can send along snippet.

Dan

At 11:07 AM 4/3/2003 -0500, Paul Dymecki wrote:

>Hi,
>I was wondering if anyone would know some good examples of generateing
>dynamic points with php mapscript?  Ie just pulling from points from a
>database and displaying them without a shape file?
>any hints would be apprcited,
>thanks,
>Paul

--=====================_3691234==.ALT

You can create a dummy point layer in your map file, then in php query
the database for your points, create new point objects using
ms_newPointObj(), set the XY coordinates, and draw the point on the
layer.&nbsp; If you want some specific code examples, I can send along
snippet.<br><br>
Dan<br><br>
At 11:07 AM 4/3/2003 -0500, Paul Dymecki wrote:<br>
7bit<br><br>
examples of generateing dynamic points with php mapscript?&nbsp; Ie just
pulling from points from a database and displaying them without a shape
file?</font><br>