[Mapserver-users] PostgreSQL Cygwin problem

Benjamin Wragg bwragg at tpg.com.au
Thu Apr 3 17:37:27 EST 2003

Hi Andrew,

Good news! I can replicate your problem and get the following error on
an initdb:

	creating template1 database in /var/test/base/1...
IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget(ke
	y=1, num=17, 03600) failed: Function not implemented

	initdb failed.

	Removing /var/test.

To fix it all I have to do is actaully start the ipc daemon before you
run initdb. I just looked at
http://www.gasai.com/gisapps/WindowsHowTo.html and found that it tells
you to do it after the initdb.

So if you have setup cygipc as a service type:

	net start ipc-daemon

Of if your starting it locally type:

	ipc-daemon &

If you have problems getting this to work check that Cygwin's bin
directory (e.g., C:\Cygwin\bin) is added to the Windows NT/2000's system
PATH and the machine rebooted.

Once this is going your initdb command should work. Let me know how you
go.

Cheers,

Benjamin Wragg