[Mapserver-users] createlang troubles

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Fri Apr 4 05:06:01 EST 2003

Alessandro,

the postgis-users mailing list is definitely more apropriate for your
question. You might want to ask it there (and you might want to include the
exact psql command you used when getting your error):
postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net

( for subscribtion info, see the postgis pages on internet)

some short hints towards an answer:
- is your postgres *really* running (ps -A|grep postmaster)? You might want to
try to restart it.
- can you connect to postgres using the psql command?
- can you connect to the database you want to create the pgsql language on,
using the right username/password?
- did you use the same username/password when adding the pgsql language?
- if your postgres server is on a different computer than you are working on,
has it been started with the -i switch to enable connections from other
computers? (if you can connect using psql from your computer, this should be
ok).

Hope this helps you a bit further,

Regards,
Vincent Schut.