[Mapserver-users] Where are legend, reference and .qy images stored?

Paul Peterson pwpeterson at iesc.net
Mon Apr 7 11:22:24 EDT 2003

Rich, Thank you for your response

I should have been more specific...

My .map file is in /var/www/html/tutorial/s3/
The IMAGEPATH and IMAGEURL are:
IMAGEPATH "../../tmp/"
IMAGEURL "/tmp/"

Apache server html from /var/www/html

I give the tmp directory +777 permission which is drwxrwxrwx.

All the images should be placed in /var/www/html/tmp, however, only the map
image is.  I found the others (ref, leg and .qy) in /var/tmp!

I add a tmp directory (/var/www/html/tutorial/s3/tmp) and made these changes
to IMAGEPATH and IMAGURL:
IMAGEPATH "tmp/"
IMAGEURL "/tutorial35/s3/tmp/"

Again, the only image that shows up there is the map image and I can't find
the others anywhere.

Is this a bug with 3.7?

Paul

Rich's response:

The images for the map, reference map, legend, and query files will all be
saved to the IMAGEPATH directory, which is relative to the .map file. So in
your case it looks like your map file is in /var/www/html/tutorial35 and
../../tmp/ would put you at /var/tmp/. Is your webserver aliasing /tmp to
/var/tmp/? Check the time stamps on the files in /var/www/html/tmp. Try
seleting everything in both /var/tmp/ and  /var/www/html/tmp and then hit
mapserver and see where the images files appear, because what you describe
below does not quite make sense.

Rich