[Mapserver-users] Where are legend, reference and .qy images stored? MORE INFO

Paul Peterson pwpeterson at iesc.net
Mon Apr 7 12:01:49 EDT 2003

Gerry, et al...

I did some more testing.  I discovered to get the ref, leg and *.qy files
stored the IMAGEPATH directory MUST be assigned the ownership and group of
the web server.  In my case when I changed both of these to 'apache' the
images were generated and stored, however, again they are showing up in
/var/tmp!!!!  They never get displayed along with the map image because the
process tries to get them from /var/www/html/tmp as it should.

My .map file is in /var/www/html/tutorial/s3/
Expected tmp directory /var/www/html/tmp
The IMAGEPATH and IMAGEURL are:
IMAGEPATH "../../tmp/"
IMAGEURL "/tmp/"

Apache serves html from /var/www/html

Paul Peterson

Gerry's response:

May be a 3.7 "feature"... I've not seen image evolution here, either.

gerry