[Mapserver-users] Appending a shapefile

Jon Shorie jshorie at medinaco.org
Mon Apr 7 13:03:08 EDT 2003

It depends on what language you are using.  If you are working with the perl
mapscript, you can use mysql, postgres, informix, oracle, firebird, or
interbase (there are probably others).  You access these through the dbi and
dbd interface.

After searching google, I found the following site that may be helpful:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/msql/chapter/ch10.html

It gives a pretty good overview of the dbi/dbd interface.