[Mapserver-users] 50 classes and thicker lines

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Tue Apr 8 10:23:39 EDT 2003

Hi,

map.h defines MS_MAXCLASSES as 50. This value is compiled into the mapserver
binary, you will need a new mapserver binary with that value changed prior to
compiling. You can't change it afterwards.

If you are using the default symbol for your layer they are always set to the
size of one pixel (doesn't matter if point, line or polygon). More information:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc/mapfile-reference.html#class
look for keyword SYMBOL.

You could just define a simple point symbol of your own, use it in your layer
definition with
  symbol "mysymbolname"
then you can use the size parameter.

Example symbol definition you could use for points and lines:

SYMBOL
  NAME "mysymbolname"
  TYPE ELLIPSE
  FILLED TRUE