[Mapserver-users] PHP problem

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Wed Apr 9 11:11:29 EDT 2003

Is there more to your error message that you can share with us?

                      Jehng-Jung Kao
                      <jjkao at ensys.ev.nctu.edu.tw>        To:       mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      mapserver-users-admin at lists.        Fax to:
                      gis.umn.edu                         Subject:  [Mapserver-users] PHP problem

                      04/09/2003 07:58 AM

Hi,

I successfully installed
   (--with-regex=system; actually, this option does
   not work with apache-1.3.27, it will automatically change it
   back to 'php' with this option.
   I finally get it working by editing the 'configure' file
   to force it use 'system.')

  php-4.3.2RC1
  apache-1.3.27
  mapserver-3.6.5
  cp php_mapscript.so to php extensions directory

on RedHat linux 8.0.

But while I try to (from a IE browser) execute a php file with this
command:

 if(! dl('php_mapscript.so')) { die ('Not loaded\n');}

it does not work. (with an error message
    "...cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory...")

However, when I execute the php file locally on my linux, it works,
  'php_mapscript.so' is loaded.

Also, I notice that while I execute the php file on IE,
  the /usr/local/lib/php.ini was not loaded, although phpinfo() shows
  the correct configure file path to "/usr/local/lib."
  (quite strange to me.)

Any hint/instruction for resolving this problem will be very much
appreciated.

Jehng-Jung Kao