[Mapserver-users] trouble running mapserv

gvkumar gvkumar at students.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 2 15:47:05 EST 2003

Hi, I was trying to install MapServer and everything seemed to be going well
until I actually ran mapserv. It gave me this output:

[gvkumar at server08 mapserver-3.6.5]$ ./mapserv
./mapserv: error while loading shared libraries: libgd.so.2: cannot open

This obviously is a problem with the installation of the GD library but there
were no errors or anything when I installed the GD library and running
configure on MapServer tells me that the GD library is recognized and
supported. I'm not sure what is going on. Any help would be useful. Thanks.

-Gautam Kumar