[Mapserver-users] Fixing Font Error: msGetLabelSize()....

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at telus.net
Thu Apr 3 00:24:35 EST 2003

I'm not sure if newer versions solved this problem, but I see a lot of
questions in the archives up to last fall anyway.

For those who are looking for how to fix up gmap to not give you this
error:

Warning: MapServer Error in msGetLabelSize(): Could not find/open font
in /var/www/gmap/htdocs/gmap75.php3 on line 548

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
/var/www/gmap/htdocs/gmap75.php3 on line 549

Here's a solution I found works:
Edit /var/www/gmap/htdocs/gmap75.map
and change line 13:
FONTSET "../etc/fonts.txt"
to reflect the full path (may not be the same as mine) to fonts.txt:
FONTSET "/var/www/gmap/etc/fonts.txt"

Hope it helps.
Tyler