[Mapserver-users] Results: Installation with PHP on Unix

Agneta Schick schick at sdac.hannover.bgr.de
Thu Apr 10 04:51:21 EDT 2003

Thanks to all for the good hints and information!
I now have php-4.3.1,  Mapserver 3.6.5,  Apache 1.3.22 on Solaris 8 running.

I followed the HowTo from Alexander Pucher (it's very good).
Have you thought of putting it on MapServerWiki -> InternaltionalDiscussions->
German ? Although it's for Linux it works on UNIX with just some minor changes.

The vital information for me was the syntax tip from Jan Hartmann
(where is it documented?) and the information where to spread the different
php-files to (Alex's HowTo).

During the installation I had the following problems:

1. for Solaris8 add "-lelf -lposix4" in PHP4-Makefile

2. fatal error in mapscript/php3/Makefile:
	CFLAGS := $(CFLAGS) $(MS_DEFINE) $(MS_INC) $(PHP_INC)

Agneta Schick