[Mapserver-users] gdal reading grass-database

Stephan Holl sholl at gmx.net
Thu Apr 10 12:20:40 EDT 2003

--jX?sBqWM=.6AwHYr

At Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:16:06 -0700 Matt Doggett wrote:

Hello Matt,

> I just got it working myself a couple days ago.  I had to put a
> .grassrc5 into the Document_Root location as defined in the httpd.conf
> file (e.g. /usr/local/apache2/htdocs). Also, the LAYER object DATA
> element needs to reference the raster from the cellhd directory (e.g.
> /data/grass/location/mapset/cellhd/mymap).

thanks for your response, but I put the .grassrc5 in $DOCUMENT_ROOT of
apache.
it is readable by www-data, also the grass-location is in its place.
my mapfile looks like this:
LAYER
  NAME dem2
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS ON
#switch off map at certain min scale (1:1000):
  MINSCALE 1000
  DATA "/var/www/grassdata/spearfish/PERMANENT/cellhd/elevation.dem"
  CLASS
    NAME "DEM"
  END
END

but mapserver  complains about unknown fileformat. ;-((
any other sollutions?
--
Stephan Holl

GnuPG Key-ID: 11946A09