[Mapserver-users] blank images from mapserv cgi, not php/mapscript, shp2img, etc.

Jan Hartmann jhart at frw.uva.nl
Mon Apr 14 04:47:17 EDT 2003

Jerrit,

You have to set STATUS DEFAULT. This is different in MapServer CGI and
MapScript: with CGI a layer is shown by default only when STATUS is
DEFAULT layers with STATUS ON are visible only when specified in the
URL. In MapScript layers with STATUS ON are visible by default. I don't
know why this is so; practically everyone (including myself) has
stumbled over that one.

There is an extensive list of postings on this matter: search for STATUS
DEFAULT on the user's list. Of course, when you had known that you
should look for STATUS DEFAULT, you would already have known the answer
:-) . That's always the problem with searching a mailing list.

Jan