[Mapserver-users] Process Step of Mapserv

Sarawut Ninsawat sarawut at ait.ac.th
Thu Apr 17 00:15:02 EDT 2003

Hi,All

I would like to know about basic step process of Mapserv about Data
processing and reading,
Supposed,I have two server. One in Thailand and One in US.

Our Remote sensing image are in US (at there also have mapserv server)
And Our GIS server in Thailand will use RS image(by URL link setting in MAP
file) for display from US.
I would to know about
1) Does Server in Thailand have to download full  RS image(10MB) from US
when mapserv request before create gif for display ?
2) If server in Thailand have to download full RS image, Can I call mapserv
(execute) in US to create gif image for display and shown in my server
(Thailand side).

Because I care about speed when link data between two server.
Thank you,

Sarawut Ninsawat
Research Associate
Space Technology Applications and Research
School of Advanced Technologies
Asian Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 4 Klong Luang 12120
Pathumthani, Thailand