[Mapserver-users] Road symbols

Stepan Kafka stepan.kafka at centrum.cz
Fri Apr 18 03:47:23 EDT 2003

With new mapserv 3.7 styles it is very simple - like:

Symbol
  name "circle"
  Type ELLIPSE
  Filled true
  POINTS 1 1 END
END

Symbol
  name "dashed"
  Type ELLIPSE
  FILLED true
  POINTS 1 1 END
  STYLE 5 3 END
END

CLASS
  NAME "Highway"
  STYLE
    SYMBOL "circle"
    SIZE 7
    COLOR 0 0 0
  END
  STYLE
    SYMBOL "circle"
    SIZE 5
    COLOR 255 255 0
  END
  STYLE
    SYMBOL "dashed"
    SIZE 1
    COLOR 0 0 0
  END
END

In version 3.6.x you have to use OVERLAYSYMBOL/OVERLAYCOLOR etc for definin
overly symbol. The third symbol you have to add as new layer grouped
together with the first one.

Stepan Kafka
Help Service Remote Sensing
tel: +420-327514118