[Mapserver-users] Basic Query Question

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Apr 18 19:24:02 EDT 2003

Kieran,

Each layer that you want to be Query-able should have a template.
This is required because each layer can have different attributes
that you might want to display for it when it is queried. So even
though you might have a bunch of point layers, the airport layer may
have different attributes than the shipwreck point layer, vs. the
abandoned mines layer, etc.

When you do a query you query all the layers that are ON or DEFAULT
that also have a template defined for it. No template definition,
then it will not be queried.

Thats about all there is.

-Steve W.