[Mapserver-users] (no subject)

Kari Geurts kgeurts at gis.umn.edu
Mon Apr 21 20:56:10 EDT 2003

Hello Ing. Giovanni Dut=E1n V.

Thank you for your interest in MapServer. MapServer has a website at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/ On this page you will find links for
downloading the software, documentation, email lists, and a gallery page
that provides examples of how MapServer has been used all over the world.

I suggest you start by reading the How To For Getting Started With
Mapserver at http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/getstarted-howto.html This
document describes the components of a MapServer application and how they
work together. It also gives suggestions for getting your first application
running. At the bottom of the page is a link to the MapServer Tutorial at
http://terrasip.gis.umn.edu/projects/tutorial35

Also, be sure to subscribe to the MapServer User email list at
http://lists.gis.umn.edu/mailman/listinfo/mapserver-users MapServer-Users
listserv was created as a means for MapServer users and developers to
exchange application ideas, discuss potential software improvements, and
ask questions. Since there are no funds to provide direct user support, we
hope that the growing MapServer user community will use the list to support
themselves and help new users get started building MapServer applications.

I hope that you find this information helpful and that you enjoy using the
software.

Kari A. Geurts

Department of Forest Resources
University of Minnesota