[Mapserver-users] using data from the submittd form within mapserver.

Sreekanth S Rameshaiah sree at mahiti.org
Tue Apr 22 02:26:58 EDT 2003

Dear all,
I have setup Mapserver 3.6 on my linux box. I have been able to generate
required maps by customizing the map file. However now in want to
replace the hard coded values in the map file with values choosen from
the previous form submission. How do I achieve this.

I have a a value called VILLAGECode from the previous page submission.
i want to use it in place of 54 in the below code.

Please help.
Regards,
 - sree

# CLASSITEM "CLASS"
  CLASS # States class
  NAME "VILLAGE"
    EXPRESSION ([LOC_CODE] = 54 ) ###  This needs to be replaced by form
element VILLAGECode value
    COLOR 240 0 240
    OUTLINECOLOR 50 55 0
  END # end of States class object