[Mapserver-users] mapserver is generating a blank image.....please help

Sreekanth S Rameshaiah sree at mahiti.org
Tue Apr 22 06:04:53 EDT 2003

I solved it. I had to use a utility challed sahpechk.exe. I found out
that the shape type definition for the file I was using was polygonZ. I
got the shape file recreated with polygon type info. Now things are
working fine.
However now I want the map file to pick the value from query string,
which is not happening. Any Ideas?

I have a a value called VILLAGECode from the previous page submission.
i want to use it in place of 54 in the below code

# CLASSITEM "CLASS"
  CLASS # States class
  NAME "VILLAGE"
    EXPRESSION ([LOC_CODE] = 54 ) ###  This needs to be replaced by form
element VILLAGECode value
    COLOR 240 0 240
    OUTLINECOLOR 50 55 0
  END # end of States class object