[Mapserver-users] undefined symbol:__gxx_personality_v0

Richard Wang richard at cwincom.com
Tue Apr 22 12:41:48 EDT 2003

Hi, All

I am setting up mapserver on a RedHat 8.0 box.  Apache
version is 1.3.27 and PHP is 4.3.1. I am getting a
compile error when I make MapScript 3.6.5:
undefined reference to:__gxx_personality_v0.

So, I changed makefile like this:
STATIC_LIBS= $(GD_STATIC) $(OGR_STATIC) -lstdc++

This time I can run makefile and got php_mapscript.so.
However, after I copy php_mapscript.so to php
extensions and try testing phpinfo_mapscirpt.phtml, I
got following error message:
Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Unable to load dynamic
libary
'/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/php_mapscript.so'-
/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/php_mapscript.so:
undefined symbol: __gxx_personality_v0 in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on
line 21.

Does anyone have any solutions for this problem?

By the way, what are the best combinations of RedHat,
Apache, Mapscript and PHP versions?

Thanks in Advanec!

Richard