[Mapserver-users] what to do w/ ming swf's?

Grant, Ryan rgrant at nrcan.gc.ca
Wed Apr 23 19:07:41 EDT 2003

Hey Charlton,

I've been working a little with swf output, so I'll do my best to share what
I know. The ####.swf that you refer too is indeed a control file. However,
it does not start an animation, it simple contains some actionscript that
holds info about your returned layers (the *_layer_*.swf's).

For instance, you would load the first swf file into your timeline:

	loadMovieNum("1051023629262321.swf",10);

Once it is loaded, there will now be an object named mapObj that contains
info, such as the name, width, etc. You can get access to these properties:

	var mapName = _level10.mapObj.name;

It also contains an array of the returned layers. These layers themselves
have properties such as name, relative name, etc. You can also access there
properties:

	var layerName0 = _level10.mapObj.layers[0].name;

Using the "relativeName" property of the layer, you can load the layers into
movieclips on your timeline:

	MyMovieClipLayer.loadMovie(_level10.mapObj.layers[0].relativename);

Once you have all the layers loaded into seperate movie clips, you should be
able to have some animations run.

I hope this helps clear things up a little..  feel free to contact me for
more info.

Ryan Grant
rgrant at nrcan.gc.ca