[Mapserver-users] undefined symbol:__gxx_personality_v0

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Thu Apr 24 03:44:13 EDT 2003

Richard,

just some ideas, because your error sounds kind of weird to me...:

Have you ever before done a 'make install' in mapserver's directory, e.g. on a
previous compile attempt? If so, then a library file named 'libmap.a' has
been copied to /usr/lib/ or /usr/local/lib, which you should remove before
running make again. Mapservers 'make install' procedure is broken, so you
should not use it and in fact don't have to as installing mapserver simply
means copying only 2 files: mapserv and (eventually) php_mapscript.so.

If not, it might help to do 'make clean' and/or 'make distclean' in your
mapserver source directory before trying to recompile, which might hopefully
solve the problem.

If not, you could do a 'ldd php_mapscript.so' to check it's dynamic links, and
eventually send ldd's output to this mailing list. It might give us some
hints for solving your problem.

Regards,
Vincent Schut.