[Mapserver-users] queryByRect of a PostGIS layer

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Apr 24 15:25:50 EDT 2003

Charlton Purvis wrote:

> So now I want the results themselves.  If I were using shapefiles, I
> believe that
>   layerObj->open($map->shapepath);
> would do the trick, but, not surprisingly, it bombs:
>   Wrong parameter count for open().

Which version of MapServer are you using?

In version 3.6, the shapepath argument was required for open(), with a
postgis layer you could pass any value for this argument and it would be
ignored.

In version 3.7 the shapepath argument is gone, so you should call
$layer->open() with no argument.

Unfortunately I cannot be of much help with respect to postgis-specific
issues, but in theory what you're doing seems to be the right thing.

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca