[Mapserver-users] is it possible to use relative coordinates for inline features?

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Apr 28 22:46:12 EDT 2003

Unfourtunately no. It's been on the to do list for a long time to add
simple expression support to inline feature points but it's never been a
priority so it's never been done. If you would file a feature request
report via bugzilla that would help. Only work around I know of would be
to place it in the UL corner.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> Jeff Hoffmann <jeff at propertykey.com> 04/25/03 13:33 PM >>>
Hopefully the question is clear, but if it's not, here's what I'm trying

to do:  I want to place features in the lower right & center of a map.
I've basically copied a "copyright in the lower left corner" sample that

I found on the list & it works fine for me when I know the size of the
image that I'm creating.  The problem is that I'm doing this with a WMS
layer which now needs to allow the caller to specify the image size &
those coordinates I figured out for the default image size aren't going
to work anymore.  Is there any way that I can reference (or calculate)
the size in the mapfile to position the features in the right location?

--

Jeff Hoffmann
PropertyKey.com