AW: [Mapserver-users] WMS questions

Arnulf Christl CCGIS arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Wed Apr 30 02:55:48 EDT 2003

Hi,
check for the WMTVER tag - thats the version of WMS used. In our case we
have to set it to 1.0.0 because our client will not handle version 1.1.0
which is what MapServer currently returns by default.

Check out these URLS; this one does not return an XML that can be displayed
in IE (shows the download dialog):
http://wms.ccgis.de/umn/bin/mapserv.exe?map=Germany.map&request=Capabilities

This returns an XML which can be displayed directly:
http://wms.ccgis.de/umn/bin/mapserv.exe?map=Germany.map&request=Capabilities
&WMTVER=1.0.0

Regards, Arnulf.